WHAT IS CDH SUNFLOWER SUNDAY?
CDH Sunflower Sunday is our annual awareness day event to support one another and raise the profile of the rare birth condition, congenital diaphragmatic hernia. It’s a beautiful day with one goal: to ensure no family faces CDH alone.
Throughout the year, our community members share experiences and solidarity via our online support groups. CDH Sunflower Sunday was developed so we could meet in person; make new friends; catch up with old friends; and share hope and compassion.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT IN 2020?
2020: Raise awareness in your own community, in your own way
This year, due to the pandemic, we’ve decided to modify CDH Sunflower Sunday. Instead of a public group event, you’re all invited to take part in CDH Sunflower Sunday from home.
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER?SIGN UP HERE
Sign up and register free online and we’ll post a FREE CDH Sunflower Sunday Event Pack to you in the mail. Registration is available for everyone at any stage of their CDH journey.
Your CDH Sunflower Sunday Event Pack includes:
- sunflower cupcake toppers
- yellow napkins
- sunflower seeds
- bubble blower
- beautiful reading for your bubble ceremony
HOW CAN I TAKE PART FROM HOME?
Use the items in your CDH Sunflower Sunday Event Pack to mark this special day with us:
- Prepare a delicious CDH Sunflower Sunday picnic
- Make sunflower cupcakes for a CDH morning tea (we’ll provide the cake toppers!)
- Host a virtual video lunch with friends and family
- Blow bubbles into the sky to pay tribute and remember our CDH angels
- Go on a CDH Awareness Walk in your neighbourhood and be sure to wear yellow
- Start a fundraiser – An online fundraiser is an excellent way to raise awareness and support the CDH community
An effective way to raise awareness and funds for CDH Australia is to start an online fundraiser. Fundraising is integral for us to continue to provide support services to CDH families and also helps to raise awareness about this rare birth condition.
Your help to encourage donations makes a big difference, and the money raised ensures we can support families affected by congenital diaphragmatic hernia across Australia.
Fundraising and donations help us:
- fund medical research,
- produce educational content,
- publish our website,
- facilitatie face-to-face forums for CDH families,
- host awareness day picnics,
- provide support services,
- manage online support groups,
- and … deliver hope.
How to raise funds for CDH Sunflower Sunday 2020
- Visit www.justgiving.com/campaign/CDHSFS20 Select “Start Fundraising”
- Follow the prompts to SIGN UP for a free account or LOG IN
- *If you’re using Just Giving for the first time, you’ll need to search “CDH Australia” after you’ve created an account. “CDH Sunflower Sunday 2020” is listed as a fundraising event.
- Your fundraising tally is tracked on the Just Giving website so you can monitor your progress. The funds raised will be automatically forwarded to CDH Australia. Online fundraising is straight-forward and allows your supporters to easily and securely make donations with their preferred payment method.
If you have any concerns or issues with the process, please email email@example.com and we’ll help you set up your online fundraiser.
Employer dollar-match fundraising and donations
Some employers have a policy to dollar-match donations or fundraising efforts of their employees. CDH Australia has benefited from this type of corporate social responsibility in recent years and the funds raised have made an incredible difference to the CDH community. Ask your employer or HR department if they can help!
We’ll stay in touch and provide you with plenty of communication in the lead up to CDH Sunflower Sunday 2020 to ensure we can all mark this special day from home and still be connected to our CDH family across Australia.
What is CDH?
Congenital diaphragmatic hernia means being born with a hole in the diaphragm and affects 1 in 2,500 births. CDH can affect any pregnancy and has no known cause or cure. This week, 2 families will receive this frightening diagnosis. The fatality rate is 50%.
Who is CDH Australia?
We’re the only Australian charity supporting families affected by CDH. We’re volunteer led and do not receive any ongoing government funding. Our organisation relies heavily on the generosity of fundraisers and donors.
HOW DO I MAKE A DONATION?Donate Here
You can make a donation online. Thank you for your generosity and supporting our community.
CDH SUNFLOWER SUNDAY 2020
15 NOVEMBER FROM 11AM @ YOUR HOUSESIGN UP HERE